BSVP institutions was founded in the year 1957 by Dr. K. Nagesh Hatwar with a nursery and primary school in Chamarajapete, Bengaluru. It started a nursery and primary school in Ramanagara in the year 1962. A nursery school was started in the year 1965 in Vijayanagara, Bengaluru. Today, BSVP has around 26 institutions offering education from nursery to under graduation courses and meeting the educational needs of over 5,000 students across Chamarajpete, Ramanagara and Vijayanagara.
The BSVP institutions enjoy the blessings of eminent personalities like Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, Sri V.V. Giri, Sri Dharmaveera and Sri S.R. Kanti. Educationists like Prof. S.R. Rohidekar, Prof. Siddalingaiah, Sri. S.V. Jevoor and Sri S. Manchaiah have lauded the achievements of these institutions.
Dr K. Nagesh Hatwar was born on 9th February, 1927 in a small village called Koravadi in Dakshina Kannada. He left home early to seek his fortunes. At a very young age he came in contact with Mahatma Gandhi, who playing upon the family name “Hatwar” advised the young boy to become a “Hatyar” (weapon) to remove social evils. The boy understood at that young age the pivotal role played by women in society and the importance of educating a girl child. With the active support of his wife Smt. K.N.Puttamma, he devoted himself to the education of women.
Bharatiya Samskriti Vidyapith Arts & Commerce College for Women
Bharatiya Samskriti Vidyapith Arts & Commerce College for Women, Vijayanagara, Bengaluru was established in the year 1980 and is today one of the most prominent colleges and the only Government aided college in and around Vijayanagara, Bengaluru. The college enjoys a continuous feed of students from its sister institution in the same area Bharatiya Samskriti Vidyapith Pre-university College which was established in the year 1973.